There was literally one thing I needed to do this weekend: get my condo clean for my sister, who is dog-sitting for me for a week. The following is what I actually did this weekend…
- Looked at my condo and thought about where I should start cleaning first.
- Watched a zillion hours of YouTube videos, mostly by Grace Helbig (itsgrace/dailygrace), Hannah Hart (myharto), and Mamrie Hart (mametown).
- Got to level 328 on Candy Crush.
- Thought about how much cleaning I had to do.
- Put on really, really red lip stain.
- Combed my dog’s hair.
- Watched How I Met Your Mother episodes for literally the twentieth time (at least).
- Stood at my sink and just looked at the mess for a while.
- Tried a different kind of really, really red lip stain. (Verdict: not quite as red or stainy.)
- Tried on old clothes to see if I should keep or donate.
- Drank a vodka cranberry with a little too much vodka.
- Looked at the clock and realized how little time I have to get shit done.
- Watched another “few” YouTube videos until my laptop died.
- Plugged laptop in and wrote this blog post.
This is hard, guys. In my defense, I did do some dishes, went through mail, threw away crap, and did some spot-cleaning of the carpet. Still on the to-do list:
- Finish washing the dishes in/surrounding the sink!
- Vacuum evvvvvvverywhere!
- Clean the bathroom!
- Put Christmas stuff in storage! (It’s already in boxes, don’t worry. I just haven’t done that extra step of putting the boxes where they belong by March.)
- Do laundry!
- Throw out all the boxes/shopping bags that have accumulated in a certain amount of time that I’d rather not admit!
- Do something with all of the clothes that don’t have hangers and are just sitting in piles!
- Pack! (Which includes making sure I have stuff to wear…)
And now I have a sore throat, so I better not be getting sick AGAIN.